Tuesday, April 26, 2011

33.5 weeks pregnant/doctor's visit

Well yesterday was an ineresting doctors visit. He finally saw how dramatic my leg swelling is. When he walked into the room he kinda made a face like, "ohhh that sucks."
He was a little more progressive about it this time, he wanted to run some further blood tests and send me down to get another blood clot dopplar test on both of my legs. Before we left I told him how miserable I am and how much pain my legs are in and he did say that he probably won't have me go full term, probably like 37 or 38 weeks. Originally I was going to have them take her out via C-section on June 3rd which would be at 39 weeks but now I am hoping they will indeed take her out at either 37 or 38 weeks.
That would mean I would have only a month left.
He also wants me to get another ultrasound before my next appointment with him in two weeks so we can make sure the baby isn't suffering from my circulation problems and make see how big she really is.
Before we left the doctor said a couple funny things. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if I lose about 30-40 pounds of water after the baby comes. Corey and I laughed and said we hoped so because I am so swollen and he turned to Corey and said, "You know, like on that comercial where the lady walks out of a fat suit and she is all small and trim." Corey just laughed. But I do hope that happens because I am a freaking baloon. I weighed 174 yesterday at my appointment and I typically weight around 130 sometimes even less. Not to mention I have another month to go.
Today has been pretty miserable. I am so sore. I cant put into words what it feels like to have your legs hurt the way mine do. I put my finger ontop of my foot or press it on my calf and it is an instant pit. Truly it is so gross.
The pain is awful, I can't bend over and I can bairly walk, or get in and out of the bed or bath. It really is me telling the world that this is one of the worst experiences I have ever had to deal with. I wonder if its true what they say, the greater the sacrifice the greater the blessing. I imagine it is true. My dad and Corey gave me a blessing on Sunday night becuase I had a type of melt down on Sunday where I truly felt like I had been defeated and could not go on another day with all my ailments.
I got a phone call from my doctor today telling me that all my blood work came back normal except the protien in my blood was low and he thinks I need to be careful to eat more protien. I do struggle getting enough protien in my diet so that was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment